Monday, December 11, 2006

My Sun

My Sun with Photoshop

I see the Sun go down. Those monotonous hues crowd the sky again in a last ditch effort to mask its real darkness. But, how long? The millions of distant Suns can't be kept back. Neither can I. I am close to the Sun.

This is My place. I can be high or low here. Here I depend only on Myself. I know the window gives me an exaggerated view, but, it makes me feel great. They can't come in here and mess it up. They think They are diminutive, trivial, Their deeds insignificant. I've done my part amongst Them. They need to learn, but Their chance is almost gone. I lean back as I am close to the Sun.

She will not have to cry anymore. She will no longer have to defend me. She will not love me, nor will She hate me. She will not entice me. She will not break my heart. She will not ignore me. She will not mock me. She won't whisper softly to me, nor will She call out my name. She will no longer run Her hands through my hair. She will not find me funny anymore. She will stop waiting for Her wedding ring. She will never again hug me. How will She Punish me? She will cease to remember me. I am closer to the Sun.

He will not share my joys and sorrows. He will not borrow from me my possesions, my moments, my knowledge. He already can't inspire me, but, He will also not drive me jealous. I will no longer fear Him. He will not always be right. I will not sacrifice for Him. No longer will He be excused for shattering the best of my dreams. He won't break His promises anymore. He will not remain the Manlier one. He will not crave for Fame & Fortune. He will no longer need to grow a Brain or a Backbone. The Sun is closer than ever.

I hear Them say - "Unidentified aircraft...Your approach to the Fusion Facility is unauthorized. You may be treated as a threat." I depress the glowing switch that says 'Armed'. On its course, the silver sliver slices the night as perfectly as I prefer. I head West. I see their Sun again. But, behind me, My Sun rises on the obliteration of obnoxious oblivion. Soon, I exist alone and I alone exist!




This is an old piece I'd written and it somehow still has the same feelings involved in it. Today I made a different Sun for Myself. The pic above is not the real Sun but something I made in Photoshop [PS]!!! PS is an amazing tool for which I have to keep coming back to M$Windows. I was wondering how difficult it is to make the images that an illustrator I'm working with, is making. And I could do it in 7 steps only!!! And I convinced someone who knows the Sun very well, to believe that it was a photograph!! I consider that a feat. :)


The second reason for this post is that I have just become a part of the outreach program for The International Heliophysical Year. The year 2007 is slated as the year to build up public knowledge about how Solar physics interacts with Geophysics. [In simple words... how the Sun affects us in important ways we are not aware of!]

No comments: