Sunday, December 17, 2006

Bored minds & shades of Gray

Gray Train of Thoughts

What do you think when u see two guys in black, running around odd places with black bags and peering through something while contorting into queer positions? Well stop your dirty mind right now. & if you have time to pause and notice them then you shouldnt think, just join them. They would be Me and Sumit [or Amit if I'm lucky] doing some photography.

Last 2 Sundays we have been out to kill the boredom on our mind. The first sunday was a gray mood. It was interesting coz the noon did seem to be of a sepia flavour. It was so lazy one could almost touch the rust on the air. See I am still confusing what senses I was using! So we went to the railway lines besides Koregaon park. & clicked various shades of gray.

The rails were gray, the wood was brown, the trains was rusty, the grass was ochre, the pigeons were ash and the ravens were Black! Check below for pics I could catch and explore my mind for those I didnt. Sumit came up with some of them. We still have some BW film at our disposal... lets see what lies in its future.

Somehow gray always reminds me of Jim and Della & the The Gift of the Magi by O'Henry.



Della finished her cry and attended to her cheeks with the powder rag. She stood by the window and looked out dully at a grey cat walking a grey fence in a grey backyard. To-morrow would be Christmas Day, and she had only $1.87 with which to buy Jim a present.


And so does christmas. Here's wishing you all who can afford to have a good one, a good one!


More Pics:
gray01 >> gray02 >> gray03 >> gray04 >> gray05 >> gray06


Update: Sumit too likes to endorse his world through the lens of a camera!
Visit his Flickr page.

2 comments:

Sumit said...

Yo! Can I get a link back to my Flickr page for gray02/03/05/06? And atleast give me credit on this page for the snaps! You wouldn't like someone taking credit for a thesis you wrote on intergalactic struggles of radio waves now would ya?

Samir said...

Dude... I thought you were here to read the blog! As a consequence of that you would have found out that it has lots of references to You & a link [in the colour Orange] to your blog. Anyways I hope the update satisfies you.