Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Childhood's End


One moment, one hurt and I decide
to brush all the good ones aside.
6 pellets go inside,
into a slumber I slide.
In death I will hide
nothing to hurt my pride.                                                                  






She was angry. She was hurt. No one will know the cause now. But what she did in response was surely not what she intended. I can only try and imagine how it must feel to see the death you have chosen, coming slowly and you not being able to undo your choice. Her last moment cries for help and the pleas to save her, sliced the hearts of those who knew nothing could be done now. All the pain you are leaving your close, needy ones in... All the broken trust of those who could have helped you... All your talent at living life, dying with you... Do these make you want to die faster? Do you wish for another childhood like this one, which you did not really want to end?

R.I.P. Himan.





The other sudden & big loss last week... Sir Arthur C. Clarke, my hero and the author of "Childhood's End" amongst many other books that I have grown up with.

R.I.P. ACC... Replacement Impossible.





No comments: