Monday, October 1, 2007

Riding the Blues

 
















The wave took over me. I rise in an arch. I was slowly climbing every step smoothed out in a sine curve. My blue blossoms looked like fireworks at the peak of the crescendo. I can now see more clearly, but who cares for the view? when just being there at the vantage point was such a pleasure. I wasn't stopping to analyse, to think. There was no time. Time itself was coming riding the wavelenghts. The foreplay had ended and the crest was almost here.



Sitting in the Sun at a waterfront in Cochin, Kerala I wrote this about what a moment would mean for a short-lived water hyacinth weed.

In just the right mood, a weed can be a muse. The 'Marine Drive' in Cochin is a great place to make such moods. Its a walkway facing the backwaters. Take a stroll on the pavement lined by trees and one finds a lot of jetties alluring you to walk to their edge. One cloudy evening last June, I had caught one of the most breathtaking sunsets here. It was another day of realisation that I should enjoy such moments, rather than be sad craving to share them.

Today the hot noon autumn sun is no less pleasureable. I love this place to sit beneath a tree just near the jetty owned by the Taj residency. Try sitting there, watching the countless images of the sun on the countless crests of the countless bobbing waves. Now slowly turn your eyes to the land. The hyacinth breaks the monotony of the water with its green and blue, but itself becomes a monotony before your eyes can reach the shore. There is a hypnotic, erotic, timeless, vain, up and down all around you, that is so like Life.


No comments: